Electronic Monitoring Technician for Community Corrections
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and removal of clients that are court ordered to electronic monitoring (GPS or Home Detention) and/or alcohol monitoring in Marion County, Indiana.
- Install and remove electronic monitoring equipment and/or alcohol monitors in accordance with contractual guidelines with Marion County Community Corrections.
- Input data into computer software for monitoring purposes and in an excel sheet for inventory purposes.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and perform routine equipment inspections to identify tampering or device malfunction.
- Effectively communicate with clients to provide support and guidance on the equipment.
- Properly clean equipment.
- Collect fees from clients’ on home detention and/or alcohol monitoring and for lost or damaged equipment.
Qualifications: High School diploma or above. Must pass a urine drug test and background check.
Experience/Skills: Must be a quick learner, reliable, and self-started. Must be able to type at least 45 words per minutes, multi-task in a fast paced environment, and navigate on computer databases such as Excel and software programs used for monitoring clients.
Pay: $15.00 an hour. Overtime as required.
Hours: 8am to 12am Monday-Friday and from 8AM to 6PM on Saturday and Sunday. Schedule is provided in advance. Hours may vary based on the needs of the operation. Looking to fill second shift position.