Systems Support Specialist (Cellular and GPS)
About Track Group: Track Group is a global leader in providing end-to-end location monitoring and complimentary app-driven solutions that combine real-time tracking devices and professional monitoring services with advanced data analytics. The current focus is delivering electronic monitoring products and services for the global criminal justice market.
Title: Systems Support Specialist (Cellular and GPS)
Position Summary: A key member of the IT team, the Systems Support Specialist will perform various functions related to administration of our cellular m2m tracking devices including troubleshooting issues, performing violation analysis, pushing configuration changes, validating firmware changes, and keeping core device documentation updated. In addition to device administration, this position provides triage of incoming support tickets for the Operations and Development teams. Customer service and communication skills are crucial to the success of this role as you will be working with all internal departments as well as directly with customers. As this position offers the opportunity to work remotely, the ideal candidate must work well both independently, and as a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide swift, courteous, and efficient help desk service via phone, in person, or email to our end users.
- Ensure trouble tickets are closed in a timely fashion and are complete to the customer’s expectations
- Maintains accurate records in ticketing system for all device service desk requests
- Administration and Support for Track Group’s tracking devices
- Responsible for updating and maintaining trouble-shooting guides, technical knowledgebase, and training material.
- Provide training on Track Group devices as well as the device Gateway when required
- Test returned tracking devices and review field history, documenting results in the ticketing system
- Properly document device failure results along with repair instructions with assistance from Engineers
- Cross-trained to assist Device Operations Manager & to assure daily operations continuation in the event of Device Operations Manager’s absence.
- Able to assist in assessing cellular service coverage, service issue resolution, outage management, and SIM provisioning issues
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Associates degree in technical or computer related field -OR- Minimum 4+ years proven track record in a progressive technical support position
- Solid working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Cheerfully and reliably completes responsibilities and assignments without requiring excessive supervision to assure activities are successfully addressed in full.
- Helps to create a healthy, rewarding workplace for others through personal demeanor, supportive attitude, and professional treatment of others that all together enhances cross team synergy.
- Proactively identifies and addresses outstanding issues within their scope of responsibility even if not explicitly assigned to that task.
- Actively contributes to identification of opportunities within their personal scope of responsibility that can help the overall team/product to be more productive.
- Actively seeks to expand their personal and technical abilities in support of fulfilling their job responsibilities.
- Effectively uses their time in timely resolution of organization challenges and prompt attention to customer needs.
- Provides tangible and creative value to the overall organization.
- Possess an analytical and technical mindset
Desirable to have background in:
- Cellular communications technology and operations
- GPS technology and operations
- SQL query and SQL report writing experience a plus!
Work Location / Environment:
- The employee will be working both remotely and in an office environment.
- The employee will be working in a fast- paced production environment with staff spanning multiple time zones.
- Some travel, as well as night and weekend work may be required.
- Some on-call responsibilities and/or after-hours support may be required
Salary: $42,000 to $64,000 annually, depending on skills and experience. Full-time, with benefits.